Residents - Animal Control - Houston County

Houston County

Page Content Utility Links Main Links Footer Links Local Links Back to Full Site


Animal Control

Physical Address:
186 Woodard Road,
Kathleen, Georgia 31047

Mailing Address:
200 Carl Vinson Parkway,
Warner Robins, Georgia 31088

Phone: (478) 542-2033
Fax: (478) 987-6725

Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM

WELCOME to the Houston County Animal Control Page.  

Contact us on Facebook for Found Pets.

Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM

Houston County Animal Control strives to protect the health and safety of our residents, ensure humane treatment of animals, and promote responsible pet ownership through the enforcement of all state laws and county ordinances.

Animal Control Officers are responsible for investigating animal cruelty, animal nuisance complaints, and animal bites as mandated by Georgia law and we strive to educates citizens on animal welfare laws to promote proper care and humane treatment of animals.

If you are attacked or bitten by an animal, please call Animal Control to report it and seek medical attention if the skin has been broken or to report aggressive or injured animals, please call (478) 542-2000.

Please see options below for assistance with your animal control needs:

EMERGENCY: If you need assistance with an aggressive or rabid animal,
please call 9-1-1
or Houston County Emergency Communications at: 478-542-2000

  • A Sheriff Deputy and/or an Animal Control Officer will be dispatched to your location.
  • The officer(s) will assess the situation and take appropriate actions to assist you.
  • If the animal is rabid or diseased, the Houston County Health Department / Animal Control will contact you. 
  • To reach Houston County Animal Control directly, call 478-542-2033.

Safety Tips for Pet Owners

Most wildlife are not interested in humans or pets. However, there are times when wildlife and pets have negative encounters. Large dogs can be viewed as a threat to wildlife with young. Small dogs and cats can be viewed as potential food sources. Securing attractants that bring wildlife into your yard can minimize the risk for your and your pet. Here are some other helpful tips to minimize negative interactions:

  • Keep pets inside or leashed when outside.
  • Monitor pets when they are outdoors, even in a fenced in yard.
  • Be alert when walking at dawn or dusk with pets.
  • Carry an air horn or noise maker when walking pets.


If you have a wildlife problem, click here for resources.

Also, check out the "Preventing Wildlife Conflicts page"

Use these links to contact a: 
Wildlife Control Agent
Licensed Trapper       

Houston County Animal Control can assist you with finding these and other Wildlife resources.  If you would like to talk to a Houston County Animal Control Officer, please call:  478-542-2033


PET AND ANIMAL ISSUES:                                                       

If you need assistance with a pet or animal issue, and you would like an Animal Control Officer to come to your location, please call 478-542-2000.  

If you would like to talk to someone on the phone about your pet or animal concerns, please call 478-542-2033


 * To look for a LOST PET, or to ADOPT A NEW PET
Call 478-929-7290 Warner Robins Animal Shelter



Alan Smith, Sr. ACO, Bite and Animal Cruelty Investigator

Jevari Rumph, ACO

Click here to view Animal Ordinances.

Click here to download a Dangerous Dog Renewal Form.

Click here to download a Vicious Dog Renewal Form.

Click here to download a Sworn Witness Statement.

If you have any questions, please email [email protected].